'You Can Sleep When You're Dead' He Says
A couple of weeks ago, we ran a press release about a Scottish entrepreneur, Alister Jack, who had just sold two self-storage businessnes for about £54 million. You think the guy would now choose to cuddle up in a Carribbean utopia somewhere and live out his days in peaceful bliss.
Not so. In an interview with The Scotsman, Jack revealed that it's back to business as usual—he plans to start another storage operation from scratch. In fact, he's already registered the name of what would be his fourth self-storage venture. "You can sleep when your dead," he said.
By the way, his facilities end up with wonderfully primal names: Aardvark, Armadillo and now Alligator ... Maybe he's working his way through the encyclopedia.
Go-getters like Jack really inspire me. They should inspire anyone in this business, being that running on your own steam is often the difference between moderate and smashing success. How does he do it? These are the quick tips he gave to The Scotsman:
- Keep a sense of humor.
- Innovate, but don't diversify.
- Train hard for service.
To read the complete interview, click here. It's a good story and might give you the kick in the pants you need to become a billionaire. (I could use that kick myself.) Anyone have any other inspirational self-storage tales to share? You can post them to the blog by hitting the comment link below, or send them to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dickson, TN, Planning Commission Recommends Self-Storage Zoning Exception
- Cary, NC, Town Council Approves Self-Storage Site Near Carpenter Historic District
- Reliant Real Estate Management Plans Midgard Self Storage Development in North Naples, FL
- Manager Arrested for Allegedly Stealing $100K+ at Riverside Self Storage in Nashua, NH
- Johnson Development Associates to Build $10M Self-Storage Facility in Glen Allen, VA