So I mispredicted ...
I anticipated having time during Friday's expo-hall hours to post more show photos and updates to the blog. But the floor was still buzzing, we were shooting all kinds of video, and there simply wasn't an opportunity to hole up with the laptop. (I'd hate to be an introvert at one of these high-impact expos—the perpetual activity would badger the psyche.)
The show's last day was non-stop. Some folks spent it in Joe Niemczyk's Management Workshop. The others split their time between roundtable discussions, the Buyers & Sellers Meeting, vendor presentations and a new addition to the agenda: a Q&A session on boat and RV storage. Our expert panel for this event included Ed and Terri Heil of Lake Havasu RV& Boat Storage, Bob Hayworth of Baja Construction, and Selfstoragelegal.com's Jeffrey Greenberger, our webinar presenter extraordinaire.
I spent a good portion of the afternoon filming video spots for our ISS Expo TV. I'd like to thank the following people for venturing forth with this new marketing/sponsorship opportunity (and some for being film stars!):
- Bud Villarreal and Rob Kaminski of Schwarz / Supply Source One
- Kirk Nash, Matthew Davis and Christie Perkins of K.W. Nash Group
- Michelle Brown, Steve Cooper and Alex Lekas of Digitech International
We're now in the editing process on this vids, but as soon as they're complete, you'll be able to watch them on our expo page.
Almost forgot! We raffled off a totally sweet poker set on Friday too. During the show, we collected Attendee Reaction Surveys at the ISS booth. Everyone who filled one out for us (we appreciate your time, by the way) was entered into a drawing to win this baby:
Congratulations to our winner, Kent Ward of Spring Valley Storage in Cicero, Ind. (Kent, your lovely set is on the way!)
The remainder of the day was spent breaking down the booth, checking out of the hotel, juicing up on caffeine, and making the trek home. It'll take me a while to get back into the office groove. In the meantime, I'll keep tossing a few anecdotes and photos into this blog.
Does anyone have a Vegas Expo experience they'd like to share with the group? Please post it here!
- Kellenbeck Holdings Ventures Into Self-Storage With ‘Exit 24 Storage’ Proposal in Phoenix, OR
- New Restrictions Imposed on Self-Storage Development in East Rutherford, NJ
- U-Haul to Convert Vacant Rawleigh Building to Self-Storage in Memphis, TN
- A Self-Storage Manager's Guide to Controlling Facility Expenses
- 3 Reasons to Promote Your Self Storage Business Using LinkedIn