Self-Storage: The 'Classified Ad' of the Real Estate World
Wondering what the heck I mean by THAT? Then you'll want to read today's blog post by Robert X. Cringely. He's drawn an interesting comparison between self-storage and the the classified ad section of your daily newspaper—both are "modest but lucrative" and generally underestimated in terms of financial impact because they aren't "sexy." He also believes self-storage to be a phenomenal investment. Check it out.
By the way, I'd never heard of Cringely before today, so for those who'd like to know, he's a tech guru. Not only is he the host and writer of the PBS mini-series "Electric Money," he's the author of Accidental Empires: How the Boys of Silicon Valley Make Their Millions, Battle Foreign Competition, and Still Can't Get a Date. His work has appeared in publications such as The New York Times, Newsweek, Forbes, Upside, Success, Worth, and others.
I don't know whether Craigslist is responsible for the death of newspaper, but Bob is certainly correct about self-storage as a good place to put your mula.
Hope you all had a safe and happy day of gluttony. Now brace yourselves (and your wallets) for the big doozey coming up!
- Simply Self Storage Names 5 Senior-Level Executives, 2 District Managers
- Self-Storage Building Manufacturer BETCO Opens New Design Center in Charlotte, NC
- U-Haul Self-Storage Facility in Lewisville, TX, Adds Boat and RV Storage
- Uncle Bob's Self Storage Facility Scheduled for Demolition in Raleigh, NC
- Self-Storage REIT National Storage Affiliates Trust Adds Hide-Away Storage Services as 7th Regional Operator