Self-Storage: The 'Classified Ad' of the Real Estate World
Wondering what the heck I mean by THAT? Then you'll want to read today's blog post by Robert X. Cringely. He's drawn an interesting comparison between self-storage and the the classified ad section of your daily newspaper—both are "modest but lucrative" and generally underestimated in terms of financial impact because they aren't "sexy." He also believes self-storage to be a phenomenal investment. Check it out.
By the way, I'd never heard of Cringely before today, so for those who'd like to know, he's a tech guru. Not only is he the host and writer of the PBS mini-series "Electric Money," he's the author of Accidental Empires: How the Boys of Silicon Valley Make Their Millions, Battle Foreign Competition, and Still Can't Get a Date. His work has appeared in publications such as The New York Times, Newsweek, Forbes, Upside, Success, Worth, and others.
I don't know whether Craigslist is responsible for the death of newspaper, but Bob is certainly correct about self-storage as a good place to put your mula.
Hope you all had a safe and happy day of gluttony. Now brace yourselves (and your wallets) for the big doozey coming up!
- SmartStop Self Storage Reports 2Q 2015 Financial Results
- Self-Storage REITs Declare Third-Quarter 2015 Stock Dividends
- Self-Storage Conversion Project Supported by Morris, IL, Planning Commission
- Public Storage Opens New Self-Storage Facility in Miami
- 4 Mistakes Self-Storage Owners Should Avoid When Signing a Cell-Tower Lease