Self-Storage: The 'Classified Ad' of the Real Estate World
Wondering what the heck I mean by THAT? Then you'll want to read today's blog post by Robert X. Cringely. He's drawn an interesting comparison between self-storage and the the classified ad section of your daily newspaper—both are "modest but lucrative" and generally underestimated in terms of financial impact because they aren't "sexy." He also believes self-storage to be a phenomenal investment. Check it out.
By the way, I'd never heard of Cringely before today, so for those who'd like to know, he's a tech guru. Not only is he the host and writer of the PBS mini-series "Electric Money," he's the author of Accidental Empires: How the Boys of Silicon Valley Make Their Millions, Battle Foreign Competition, and Still Can't Get a Date. His work has appeared in publications such as The New York Times, Newsweek, Forbes, Upside, Success, Worth, and others.
I don't know whether Craigslist is responsible for the death of newspaper, but Bob is certainly correct about self-storage as a good place to put your mula.
Hope you all had a safe and happy day of gluttony. Now brace yourselves (and your wallets) for the big doozey coming up!
- What Self-Storage Managers Need to Know About the 3 Kinds of Facility-Occupancy Rates
- Jumbo Capital Management/Guggenheim Real Estate to Convert Warehouse to Self-Storage in Norwood, MA
- Solar Self-Storage Development to Celebrate Grand Opening in Mamaroneck, NY
- Kenmore Self Storage to Host Fall/Halloween Festival in Kenmore, WA
- Pink Hippo Self Storage Opens in Leatherhead, Surrey, England