Props to the Association Down Unda
Props to the Self-Storage Association of Australasia, which was recently highlighted in The Age, an Australian newspaper. Executive Director Rennie Schafer, who has contributed feature articles to Inside Self-Storage regarding his local industry, was the spokesperson for the piece.
According to the article, self-storage is one of the country's fastest growing industries—to date, there are more than 900 facilities in Australia. Schafer attributes the increasing in popularity to public education regarding the product and the power of online marketing. I was impressed to read his statement that 85 percent of Australian storage companies are association members. Obviously the SSAA is doing something right!
I've never had the pleasure of attending one of the group's annual tradeshows (even though they're going on No. 17); but several of our advertisers and exhibitors regularly participate. They say it's a good event, but let's face facts: The locale's the real attraction! This year, the show will take place in Surfers Paradise on the gorgeous Gold Coast, Oct. 4-6.
The SSAA is to be commended for its organization, progress and forward thinking. For an association down under, it's a step above many in this competitive business of ours.
- U-Haul Buys and Renovates 16th Avenue Storage in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Self-Storage Components Manufacturer DBCI Achieves 6-Year Safety Milestone
- Quality Over Quantity: Don't Be a Slave to Your Self-Storage Occupancy Rate
- The Lock Up Self Storage Featured on ‘NewsWatch’ Consumer TV Show
- Storage Etc. Buys 3-Property American Mini Storage Portfolio in CA for $16.4M