Drugs, bombs and deadbeat tenants who sue... Does it get any better than this?
When you work in self-storage, reading industry-related news is generally about as pleasant as having your teeth cleaned. Sure, we can blame the media for exploiting sensationalist events; but let's also accept the fact that storage attracts some scum.
Articles I've read over the past week serve to confirm this: a guy who set himself ablaze while cooking up meth in a storage unit in Mobile, Ala.; a military man who wants to sue a storage company for disposing of his uniforms after several months of non-payment; and bombs that were found and detonated by specialists at a facility in Pensacola, Fla. My, my, my. It's a wonder we have any kind of good name at all.
- Self-Storage Marketplace SpareFoot Wins $20K for Kure It Cancer Research
- Bermuda EZ Self Storage to Open in Paget, Bermuda
- Self-Storage REITs to Release 4Q 2014 Financial Results, Conference Calls Announced
- ISS News Desk: 8 Self-Storage Companies to Watch in 2015
- Considerations for Outsourcing Your Self-Storage Manager Training