Drugs, bombs and deadbeat tenants who sue... Does it get any better than this?
When you work in self-storage, reading industry-related news is generally about as pleasant as having your teeth cleaned. Sure, we can blame the media for exploiting sensationalist events; but let's also accept the fact that storage attracts some scum.
Articles I've read over the past week serve to confirm this: a guy who set himself ablaze while cooking up meth in a storage unit in Mobile, Ala.; a military man who wants to sue a storage company for disposing of his uniforms after several months of non-payment; and bombs that were found and detonated by specialists at a facility in Pensacola, Fla. My, my, my. It's a wonder we have any kind of good name at all.
- G5 Launches ‘Customizable BluePrints’ Platform for Self-Storage Website Designs
- Self-Storage Owners’ Dog Taken From Facility in Lincoln, NE
- William Warren Group/StorQuest Self Storage Enters Texas Market With 4 Acquisitions
- SmartStop Self Storage Names Pro Cycling 2014 Team, New Team Director
- Guardian Self Storage Promises to Protect the ‘Right One’