Storage Marketing Resources
Most self-storage operators aren't trained in marketing; and yet it's become essential to the health of any storage business, particularly in ultra-competitive areas. Sure, you can hop online or go to Amazon.com for some relevant reading material, but the selection is vast and your time limited. So where you do you go for industry-specific information?
Inside Self-Storage magazine frequently runs articles on a wide array of marketing-related topics, as do other industry publications. But if you're looking for an alternative online resource, I recently discovered one: Derek Naylor, president of Storage Marketing Solutions, has started a blog on Ezinearticles.com that focuses specifically on marketing for self-storage facilities.
I don't know much about SMS or the company's reputatation. But the blog content seems decent, and the website provides a handful of free resources, such as an e-mail newsletter, a "Storage Market Dominance Report," and a free secret-shopper call. If you're a facility manager, you might want to check these out and see whether they can assist you in boosting occupancy. You have nothing to lose.
- Storage Made EZ Presents a ‘No-Bull’ Self-Storage Alternative
- Kennards Self Storage Owner Lashes Out at Australia Gender-Equality Agency After Being Named in Report
- Arlington County, VA, Officials Consider Swap: Bus Parking for 6-Story Self-Storage Project
- Neighbors Oppose Self-Storage Development in Richmond, VA
- William Warren Group StorQuest Self Storage to Build New Facility Globeville, CO