Self-Storage Heroine (No, not me, silly!)
Today, a friend and co-worker shared an interesting tale: He was listening to Adam Carolla on the radio when a 62-year-old self-storage manager named Iris called into the show from Cocoa, Fla. Iris, a champion bodybuilder, had recently had the experience of chasing and tackling a criminal who had been involved in a high-speed freeway chase, crashed his vehicle in front of her storage office, and attempted to make a run for the woods on the other side of her fence. Her assistant manager tripped one of the culprit's partners. Unbelievable! The police apprehended the offenders shortly thereafter.
I managed to find several articles about the incident. Some include great photos and video. Here are a few:
Surprisingly, none of these really mention her managing a storage facility (guess that's why it never turned up in my personal news searches). I also did a little web snoofing and found this link regarding a bodybuilding competition Iris was in just four years ago. Check it out—I hope I enjoy just a fraction of her beautiful buffness after I hit 50!
Her Heroiness, Iris Davis, of Cocoa, Fla. Right on, Iris!
Just real quick: You may notice that many of the news clips refer to Iris' status as a grandmother, as if that's somehow significant to the story. Anything to sensationalize the issue, I suppose.
- In Memoriam: Self-Storage Software Pioneer Ramona Taylor Passes Suddenly
- Real Estate Roundup: Self-Storage Transactions July 2016
- Argus Self-Storage Management Partnership Names New President
- Wales-Based Storage Giant Buys 2 UK Facilities From The Space Place Self Storage
- Real Estate Developer Brexton LLC Proposes Tri-Village Self Storage Facility in Powell, Ohio