In Memory of Wally
If you've read the feed on the ISS website, then you already know the upsetting news we received today. Wally Schultz, founder and CEO of the publishing company that produces Metal Marketplace magazine, passed away suddenly on Monday. (You can also read the details regarding services and donations in his obituary.)
I didn't know Wally particularly well, but we worked together for several years, and he was a great guy. He always had a ready smile and greeting for me when I visited his booth at ISS expos, where his company regularly exhibited. Being that he was one of the only other publishers on the floor, we would exchange our insights and tales of woe from the print world and share story ideas. Then he would (reluctantly) let me snap his photo for the expo scrapbook. Here's one I took at last year's Vegas show. (I took this one on the sly, since he looked busy.)
On behalf of everyone here at ISS, I'd like to extend condolences to Wally's family and loved ones. I know he will be missed—he was part of our self-storage family. If anyone has any stories or sentiments to share, please do so.
- City Council Approves Zoning for Self-Storage Conversion Project in Crystal Lake, IL
- Texas Self Storage Association Donates $100K in 2014 to Shriners Hospital
- U-Haul Converts Former Employee-Training Center to Self-Storage in Temecula, CA
- Extra Space to Remodel Cerritos, CA, Self-Storage Facility
- Are You Offending Your Self-Storage Prospects Without Realizing It?