|The Inside Scoop|
Facility Managers Can Earn Free Trip to Vegas on Self-Storage Talk
Time and time again, I've heard this answer when asking people why they don't attend the annual Inside Self-Storage World Expo in Las Vegas: "It sounds like an amazing event, but I just don't have the money, especially considering the cost of travel and hotel nights." Similarly, I've heard, "I'd love to go, but my owner makes those decisions, and he doesn't think it's worth the travel and hotel costs. There's really nothing I can do about it."
Actually, self-storage managers, there is something you can do about it: Enter the Loving Las Vegas contest, sponsored by Chateau Products Inc.., on Self-Storage Talk (SST). Beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 25, and running through Valentine's Day, managers (or owner-managers) can take a shot at winning a prize package valued at nearly $1,200 that includes:
- Roundtrip airfare to Las Vegas (March 13-16)
- Three nights at the Paris Hotel & Resort
- A standard education package to the ISS Expo. The education offered at the expo includes sessions from dozens of the most knowledgeable and engaging expert presenters in self-storage.
The key to the contest is submitting up to three ideas that respond to this prompt: "Share a revenue-producing idea for your facility that has not been implemented." Each applicant, identifiable by his/her forum username, may submit up to three responses at any time during the range of the contest. (Multiple usernames for one person are not permitted.) These can be written in one forum post or in separate posts. Though the contest does not have rounds or progressive elimination, all posts are viewable to site members and other applicants, making it more difficult to submit original ideas as the contest progresses. Judges (the ISS editorial team) will review submissions as they are made and select two winning ideas, each from two different contestants.
The thread and contest will close at 11:59 p.m. EST on Feb. 14, 2012. No late posts will be considered. The judges will select two winning responses, each from two different contestants, that best satisfy these criteria:
- Originality (the idea cannot have been expressed by anyone else in the contest)
- Clarity (the idea must be well-explained and thorough)
- Economic practicality (the idea must be reasonable for a facility to implement)
So, if you want play, here's what you have to do:
- Log on to SelfStorageTalk.com. To post and participate in the contest, you must be a registered SST member, but registration is free and can be done by clicking "register."
- Go to the thread "Loving Las Vegas Contest: Managers, Win a Free Trip to the ISS Expo!" in the “Inside Self-Storage World Expo 2012” section of the forum.
- Read the official contest rules (attached in the original post) and make sure you agree to all the terms before entering.
ISS and SST are thrilled to be able to give a couple of well-deserving managers a chance to learn in Las Vegas, and we look forward to the great ideas you have in store for us.
- Zoning Change Could Allow Self-Storage Near Sergeant Floyd Monument in Sioux City, IA
- Inside Self-Storage Releases Podcast on New Overtime Regulations
- Self-Storage Firm Absolute Storage Management Expands Senior Leadership
- Sounds of Storage Podcast: Jeffrey Greenberger Explains the Affect of New Overtime Regulations on the Self-Storage Industry
- Manager Arrested for Allegedly Stealing $100K+ at Riverside Self Storage in Nashua, NH