|The Inside Scoop|
Self-Storage Talk Referral Contest Winner to Receive Free Inside Self-Storage World Expo Package
When you find something really cool, you can't wait to tell your friends, right? Funny videos and inspiring quotes or anecdotes are e-mailed and instant-messaged with regularity, creating a pattern of viral growth. Self-Storage Talk, the largest online community in the industry, happens to be incredibly cool, and once you discover it (or if you've already discovered it), you really should tell your friends who work in the industry.
Not long ago I issued the challenge to the audience to grow SST to 5,000 members from its current 4,500-plus level by mid-March. It sounds ambitious, but I think it's attainable. Now, Inside Self-Storage is trying to move things along by providing an incentive. We're giving away a free registration to the next Inside Self-Storage World Expo, March 14-16 at the Paris Hotel & Resort in Las Vegas, to the winner of our Referral Points Contest. Here's how it works:
- Between now and Wednesday, Feb. 1, get someone new to sign up for SST. Anyone can do this by visiting www.selfstoragetalk.com and clicking on "Register." (Don't even think about registering duplicate accounts. The watchful eye of this community manager will catch you!)
- Have that newly registered member send me, jcarlisle, a private message (PM). This can be done by logging in, clicking on "Private Message" next to the username at the top of the page, then clicking "Send New Message."
- In the subject line of the PM, your newly referred user should type in your username. That's right, yours!Because you're the one who'll be getting credit for the referral. They don't need to include any information in the body of the message.
- Rinse, repeat, and if you do a great job, win! You can sign up coworkers, family members (if they're in the industry) ... anyone is fair game.
I'll update and post the referral scoreboard at the beginning of each month. The final tally will be made on Feb. 2, Groundhog Day, when I'll announce the referral champion. The winner will receive a free standard registration package to the Las Vegas ISS Expo. But even if you aren't lucky enough to walk away with the title and the expo package, you'll still have grown our community and made the site better by helping to expand it. That's a decent consolation, right? Start referring, start building our community, and start working toward a prize.
- The Red Tape Around Self-Storage Signage: Zoning, Ordinances, Codes and More
- Self-Storage Fraud Case Continues in California After Juror Misconduct
- Life Storage Pursues Controversial Self-Storage Conversion in Lake Zurich, IL
- Storage Giant Receives Approval to Build Mixed-Use Self-Storage Development in Brislington, England
- ISS Publishes 2016 Self-Storage Facility-Design Showcase