|The Inside Scoop|
Can You Really Afford to Miss the ISS Expo?
Next week in Tacoma, Wash., hundreds of self-storage operators and other industry professionals will meet at the Inside Self-Storage World Expo to learn strategies and gather information that will immediately improve their businesses. But some of you can actually afford to miss out on this important opportunity. Think you’re one of them? Read on and see.
You can probably afford to miss the upcoming ISS Expo, Oct. 4-6, at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center if:
- You already know absolutely everything you need to know about researching, buying, developing, operating and maintaining a successful self-storage business.
- You have no need of any industry products or services including building components, contracting services, security systems, management software, marketing services, consulting services, packing supplies, locks, portable-storage containers, publications, call-center services, kiosks, financing, legal services, architectural services, etc.
- You have no concerns about the profitability of your self-storage business.
- Your facility occupancy is precisely where you want it to be, and you know you’re maximizing the income on every rented square foot of storage space.
- You have the perfect facility staff and know exactly how to train, motivate, evaluate, compensate and, when necessary, disclipline them.
- You have no concerns about the legal aspects of your business, having a perfect grasp of self-storage legislation, lien-sale procedures, rental agreements and other legal risks.
- You provide flawless customer service to every customer, every time.
- You and/or your staff have impeccable sales skills, understanding how to deflect objections, solve customer problems and close every deal.
- You understand the value of your facility in this economic climate, and the factors that affect it.
- You know the current loan options available to you in self-storage, including new lending opportunities such as SBA financing.
- You have no need to consider refinancing your self-storage property.
- You’re savvy about all the “green” options for self-storage and know how to make environmental sustainability pay off for your business.
- You’re a marketing genius, with a strong grasp of evolving marketing techniques and tools including SEO, SEM, social media, online directories, video, local search and PCC advertising.
- You have absolutely no problem collecting delinquent rent at your self-storage facility.
- You understand the pros and cons of buying vs. building a self-storage facility as well as how to analyze a market for potential success.
- You understand the general state of the self-storage industry, including overall operating performance, occupancies, market conditions and trends.
- You know the ins and outs of industry construction and the best type of project to build for your particular parcel.
- You have no worries, concerns or questions about the health, performance or improvement of your self-storage business.
If the above is true for you, then congratulations. You truly are a consummate self-storage professional, and there’s very little anyone can teach you! If, on the other hand, like most of us, you recognize a few areas above in which you could use some guidance and insight, perhaps you can’t afford to miss the ISS Expo, which addresses these critical industry issues and many others.
It’s the last big tradeshow of the year. Are you really sure you can afford to miss this opportunity for increasing your knowledge and improving your operation? It’s not too late to register for the show. Join us in Tacoma next week, and avoid the costly loss of valuable information. To learn more about precisely what you can learn, visit the show website at www.insideselfstorageworldexpo.com.
- Shelbyville, TN, Self-Storage Owner Seeks Help From City With Drainage Project
- LSC Development to Convert Former Oceanside, NY, Laundry Plant to Self-Storage
- Storage World Receives Final Approval for Exeter, PA, Self-Storage Development
- Self-Storage Companies Launch 2016 Holiday Charity Drives
- Storage Asset Management Donates $2K to Susan G. Komen Foundation