|The Inside Scoop|
Sharing Good News on Self-Storage Talk
Online forums often get a reputation as places where people rant and vent. And Self-Storage Talk, as the industry's largest online forum, often gets that reputation, too. A few times I've heard people comment, "It seems like a lot of people on the site just love to complain." While it's true many of our members reach out to the community for support during difficult times, or at least go to the board to commiserate after long and frustrating days, these same members also don't hesitate the share the good things happening with their lives and businesses.
Facility manager spaceystacie2006 shares on this thread her job outlook is pretty good, as two facilities wll be reporting to for her for the next month. She's hopeful for a jump to area manager before long. In a non-industry-related thread, member Storman shared a football recruiting video for his son, who was a wide receiver and was trying to earn a college scholarship. Storman updated the thread later to share his son had accepted a preferred walk-on offer to play at Brigham Young, where he'll suit up this fall. In both examples, other community members were quick to pile on the congratulations. After all, SST is a place to celebrate triumphs and problem-solve through tribulations.
As I look out my office window and see a beautiful, sunny summer day, I think we all have at least some good news to share. Join us on SST to share some of your own good news as it arises. To post, you must become one of SST's 4,200+ registered members, but registration is free and takes only a few minutes. You can do it at www.selfstoragetalk.com/register.
- Highland Development Ventures Proposes Self-Storage Conversion of Hobby Lobby Warehouse Space in Franklin, WI
- Self-Storage Finance Firm Jernigan Capital Releases First-Quarter 2016 Earnings Report
- Self-Storage Truck-Rental Provider On The Move Acquires Detroit Custom Coach
- StorageMart of Edmonton Donates Free Self-Storage to Alberta, Canada, Wildfire Evacuees
- Lifespan Building to Be Converted to Self-Storage and Brewery in Charlotte, NC