|The Inside Scoop|
Onsite Fist Fight: Read About the Facility Melee on Self-Storage Talk
Those in self-storage, especially facility managers, have some crazy, unbelievable stories. It's why the "Tales from the Trenches" section exists on Self-Storage Talk, the largest online forum in the industry. The latest radical tale comes from a manager who once got in a physical altercation with a tenant. New SST member BubbaDog details the story of being attacked by a tenant who got angry when BubbaDog denied the tenant access to his unit. BubbaDog writes, "I recently had a customer jump me when when I would not let him in his shed. I am glad that I am a big boy and I choked him down pretty quick."
So far, the responders to the thread haven't actually come to fisticuffs with a tenant, but a few have come close. Do you have a story that can match Bubba's? If so, you should visit the thread, log on and post it. And for everyone's sake (except maybe your attorney's), it would be great if you have video to share, as well. You must be a registered member to post on SST, but don't worry, it's free and takes only a few minutes. Register at www.selfstoragetalk.com/register.php.
- Zoning Change Could Allow Self-Storage Near Sergeant Floyd Monument in Sioux City, IA
- Inside Self-Storage Releases Podcast on New Overtime Regulations
- Self-Storage Firm Absolute Storage Management Expands Senior Leadership
- Sounds of Storage Podcast: Jeffrey Greenberger Explains the Affect of New Overtime Regulations on the Self-Storage Industry
- Manager Arrested for Allegedly Stealing $100K+ at Riverside Self Storage in Nashua, NH