|The Inside Scoop|
Cost Savin’ and Money Makin’ in Self-Storage
I am a sucker for a good promo code. One of the ways I’ve saved money for my household over these past couple of years is by shopping online for items we need, painstakingly comparing each product across multiple sites. But the best deals always come when you can find a promo code for free shipping, or a discount, or both. I’ve sometimes purchased items at less than half of their retail value this way. Sites like Retailmenot.com, where you can search for promo codes by website or vendor, are a huge help in this regard.
We could all stand to save a little money these days. In some cases, saving money can be as powerful as making it. Consider the case of your self-storage facility, where monthly revenue from rentals and the sale of retail product may not be quite what it was a few years ago. By implementing some cost-saving strategies, you can still add to your bottom line and ensure your operation stays in the black.
The other way businesses remain profitable is, of course, by generating revenue. Are there ways in which your self-storage operation leaves money on the table? Are you sure you’re maximizing every avenue for creating profit, even on a limited inventory?
To answer that question, do yourself a favor and invest an hour of time in a 100 percent free resource that will help you explore money-saving and -making possibilities. On Feb. 24, 2 p.m. ET, Inside Self-Storage and Extra Space Storage will collaborate to present a webinar on “Five Operational Strategies That Will Add Money to Your Self-Storage Facility’s Bottom Line in 2011.”
Our presenters will be sharing strategies to improve your overall financial picture, whether you run a single self-storage facility or several. Specifically, they will address:
- Rate increases, and how customers will respond to them in both a declining and accelerating economy
- How Internet marketing can expand your customer footprint
- How to track the source of your customers and implement a customer relationship management program
- Easy ways to cut facility expenses
- Outsourcing calls to decrease costs and increase rentals
Join us on the 24th and learn some tactics you can immediately implement to improve your finances. Even if you only walk away with one idea that saves or makes you a little money in 2011, it’s a great return on investment. Can you afford to miss out? It’s free … no promo code required! Register at www.insideselfstorage.com/webinars.
- Young Group Self-Storage Development on Sterling, VA, Church Property Causes Controversy
- Hong Kong Banks Steer Clear of Self-Storage Lending in Wake of Catastrophic Facility Fires
- Old Granite Mill to Be Converted to Self-Storage in Fall River, MA
- Self Storage Zone and Federal Capital Partners Open Second Joint-Venture Facility in Washington, DC
- Absolute Storage Management Acquires Self-Storage Facility in Imperial, MO