|The Inside Scoop|
Self-Storage Talk's Three New Year's Resolutions
Happy 2011 to everyone in our loyal audience! As everyone is back to work today after the holidays, it's time to set some goals for the year and commit to them, and that includes the leadership of Self-Storage Talk.
Self-Storage Talk, the official online forum of Inside Self-Storage, is coming off it's best year ever, with an estimated 1,400 new members joining in 2010 and a tremendous growth in Web traffic. But that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. A recent discussion thread explores members' resolutions, but perhaps what's missing from this thread are SST's commitments for the upcoming year. So, without further adieu, in 2011 SST resolves to do the following:
1. Stay Motivated, Don't Get Complacent
It would be easy to rest on the laurels of the past year, but the fact is there are still tens of thousands of self-storage operators and industrial personnel who've yet to join and participate in the forum. Until everyone in the industry is on board, we won't feel like our mission is complete. In the meantime, we are getting close to eclipsing the 4,000-member level. Help us get over the hump!
2. Investigate Technological Upgrades
Members have consistently asked to add different features, some of which are available and some that aren't quite ready yet. The SST team will continue to be diligent to investigate and offer the latest and most useful forum features to its members.
3. Handle Each Member's Inquiries Promptly and Thoroughly
The nature of a live website is that it's always running and open for use. That means that issues arise on all days and at all hours. Though the site's leadership appreciates your patience when tech concerns arise (i.e. password doesn't work, post editor won't do what you want, etc.), we also commit to responding even more quickly than we did in 2010.
We promise to do our part, and we ask you to do yours. Make sure you're visiting the forum regularly to check out the latest discussions and that you're chiming in with your opinions. When you attend professional networking events and conferences, such as the Inside Self-Storage World Expo, March 14-16 in Las Vegas, let your industry colleagues know about SST and what a great resource it is.
Last but not least, if you haven't joined our online community, the new year is a great time to start. You can register a username here for free. The process is free and takes only a couple of minutes.
- Self-Storage Real Estate in the Northeast States: Experts Discuss Interest Rates and New Development
- Partnering With the Self-Storage REITs: Facility Operators Get Solutions for Management and More
- Westy Self Storage in Norwood, NJ, Provides Free Storage to Aspiring Eagle Scout, Book Drive
- BOS Container USA Releases Market Brief on Quick-Build Space for Self-Storage
- Self-Storage Directory Storage.com Announces Winners of Inaugural Scholarship Contest