|The Inside Scoop|
Self-Storage Talk Nearing 4,000 Members: When Will It Happen?
Another milestone is on the horizon for Self-Storage Talk, the official online forum for Inside Self-Storage. With more than 3,900 members from all niches of the self-storage industry—assistant managers, managers, regional managers, owners, developers, consultants and vendors—already on the forum, about 100 more newbies will push SST across the 4,000-member threshold. To build the anticipation, the community is having some fun guessing when the momentous occasion will occur.
On this thread, active posters are chiming in with day and time guesses. Some are employing elaborate math and algorithms. Others are going with their guts, throwing out guesses such as Valentine's Day or birthdays. After much imploring from a handful of posters, your esteemed community manager has decided anyone who manages to guess the correct day when SST registers its 4,000th legitimate user definitely deserves a small prize. Here's what I propose:
If you guess correctly and you're attending the upcoming Inside Self-Storage World Expo, March 14-16, at the Paris Hotel &Resort in Las Vegas, come visit me at the SST booth during expo-hall hours. Introduce yourself with your username, and I will treat you either to a scoop of to-die-for gelato from Paris' gelato stand or an adult libation (if you're of legal age). The choice is yours. If you won't be attending the Vegas show but you still win the guessing contest, we'll find a small, suitable alternative that I can send to you online.
A few quick rules:
1. Please make only one guess. All you have to do is post a month and day in the forum thread. If you have already guessed, you're entitled to revise your guess now that the contest is official, but you're only allowed one revision. No more than one post edit allowed, and I will be watching!
2. The "Forum Members" number that appears on the home page is not always accurate because we recalculate the member number daily to make sure all users are active and all spammer/non-human accounts are deleted. So, if you see the number tick above 4,000 and think you've won, wait for confirmation and an annoucement from yours truly.
3. In case you were wondering, I am not eligible to win or guess, nor is anyone on the ISS/SST team. Moderators are eligible, though.
Let's have some fun as we celebrate another huge accomplishment for the SST community and the industry. You must be a registered member to post and, therefore, to enter your guess, but registration is free and takes only a few minutes. Plus, by joining us online, you get us one member close to our goal. So, what are you waiting for? We'll see you online.
- Amsdell Cos./Compass Self Storage Plans 3-Building Conversion Project in Downtown Cleveland
- STORE Self Storage & Wine Storage in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Hosts Goodwill ‘Storage Wars’ Charity Event
- ‘Tis the Season to Embrace Your Self-Storage Competition
- Self Storage Solutions of Raleigh, NC, Helps Formerly Homeless Tenant
- Self Storage Group Declares Special Dividend as Part of REIT Business Plan