|ISS Expo Blog|
Reno Day 2 ...
Day 2 of the Inside Self-Storage Reno Expo, and I'm in the exhibit hall getting the booth set up. There are vendors in the aisles erecting self-storage buildings, doors, gates ... It's like being on a construction site. Shoulda brought my hard hat.
Seminars are still in session this morning until noon, when the hall doors will fly open and attendees will flood in like kids flocking to a pool in summer. We've got a better turnout than anticipated, especially considering the time it took to inform our audience the fall expo had been pushed up three months to July this year.
Thought you might enjoy some photos from yesterday's events before we move on to today's spectaculars ... First, here's a pic of our keynote presenter, Chris Sonne of Self Storage Economics (right):
His session was totally packed. See?
Then we did breakfast with our legal expert, Jeff Greenberger ... Here he is with Inside Self-Storage Publisher Troy Bix (left), who is growing out his hair. How many guys would KILL to have locks like that, eh?
Last night was the famous Prime-Time Open Forum. Joe Niemczyk, who normally fields this session with industry expert Jim Chiswell, was detained; so Brad North of Advantage Business Consulting graciously filled in (and did a wonderful job—thanks, Brad!). Here's Brad answering an attendee's question:
And here's Jim doing the same:
Some seminar attendees, TOTALLY ENTHRALLED and eager to participate! (Hey, isn't that Jack Murphy?)
And here's seminar presenter Rod Smith, of O'Connor & Associates, answering a question about cost segregation:
More scoop comin' at ya from the show floor later!
- Real Estate Roundup: Self-Storage Transactions May 2016
- Man Shot at CubeSmart Self-Storage Facility in Antioch, TN
- South Africa Valet-Storage Operator SpaceBox Launches Initiatives to Improve Customer Service, Sustainability
- Fate of Friendly Fox 'Cyril' Debated at Safestore Self-Storage Facility in Wimbledon, England
- Live From the 2016 ISS Expo: Shawn Hill Discusses Financing for New and Existing Self-Storage Investors