|ISS Expo Blog|
Just one more week in the Phoenix heat...
One week from today will find me on a plane headed for the Inside Self-Storage Expo in Reno, and it just doesn't seem possible. Once summer hits us in Phoenix (oh, sometime around February), it becomes difficult to decipher between days and months. They meld together like heat vapors hovering above the asphalt horizon. Just walking out your door every day takes a determination akin to battle gumption. The air hits you like a flathead shovel. You breath fire, and sizzle, and sweat until your body is fully depleted of fluid, which takes approximately 48 seconds.
So Reno, with its 90-degree temperatures and modicum of humidity sounds like paradise to me right about now. Not to mention that gorgeous lake, which is finally warm enough to swim in. Tradeshows being what they are—hectic, and largely dominated by events involving the consumption of alchohol—it's entirely possible I'll never see that lake. But I'll dream about it at night, that's certain.
I like our second expo of the year. Unlike the Vegas event, which is nonstop activity, the summer/fall show is more relaxed. I get time to really talk with attendees as well as all the clients and co-workers I see but three times a year. And we're doing something new in Reno: We'll have a laptop and widescreen set up in the ISS booth so we can "walk" you through our new website, the Self-Storage Training Institute, the ISS Scholarship Program application, etc.
So make sure you come by and see us in booths #504-506 next Thursday and Friday at the Reno Hilton (now called the Grand Sierra Resort, by the way). We'll do our best not to internally combust before we get there!
- Self Storage Zone and Federal Capital Partners Open Second Joint-Venture Facility in Washington, DC
- Absolute Storage Management Acquires Self-Storage Facility in Imperial, MO
- RedBox Self-Storage Employee Arrested for Alleged Trade-Descriptions Violation in Hong Kong
- Your Self-Storage Exit Strategy: It's Never Too Early to Consider Your Options
- Live From the 2016 ISS Expo Michael Mele Discusses Self-Storage Real Estate Trends