|ISS Expo Blog|
A City of Surprises
- Easy transportation! At any given time, I could grab a taxi with no problem. It didn’t even matter if it was Friday night or dinner time.
- Good people traffic! The hotels, casinos and downtown stretch were all busy and engaging but not stifling.
- Great restaurants! I was surprised to find many good restaurants: sushi, steakhouses, martini bars and lounges. It’s not a city that just offers buffets.
- Casinos! Reno has all the same gambling opportunities of Vegas, but many of the tables are much more affordable to play. I’m a big fan of blackjack, so the $5 tables were great.
On the last day of the show, I traveled around Reno looking at many of the larger resorts—Atlantis, Silver Legacy, Harrah’s, Circus Circus—and found they’re all are spending millions in renovations and upgrades. I can see Reno is turning up the heat to compete with Vegas ... and it’s working!
- NitNeil Partners/Equator Capital Management to Build New Self-Storage Facility in Durham, NC
- What Does Your Signage Say About Your Self-Storage Business?
- New Apple Self Storage Facility to Open in Oakdale, Ontario, Canada
- Leon Capital Group Launches Self-Storage Investment Platform, Acquires First Asset
- IBISWorld Releases Research Report on US Self-Storage Market