|ISS Expo Blog|
A City of Surprises
- Easy transportation! At any given time, I could grab a taxi with no problem. It didn’t even matter if it was Friday night or dinner time.
- Good people traffic! The hotels, casinos and downtown stretch were all busy and engaging but not stifling.
- Great restaurants! I was surprised to find many good restaurants: sushi, steakhouses, martini bars and lounges. It’s not a city that just offers buffets.
- Casinos! Reno has all the same gambling opportunities of Vegas, but many of the tables are much more affordable to play. I’m a big fan of blackjack, so the $5 tables were great.
On the last day of the show, I traveled around Reno looking at many of the larger resorts—Atlantis, Silver Legacy, Harrah’s, Circus Circus—and found they’re all are spending millions in renovations and upgrades. I can see Reno is turning up the heat to compete with Vegas ... and it’s working!
- West Coast Self-Storage Group Opens New Facility in Auburn, WA
- 80-Year-Old Self-Storage Manager Turns Over the Reins to 64-Year-Old Successor
- Bluebird Self Storage Opens New Facilities in New Hampshire
- Self-Storage Developer The Carroll Cos. to Build New Bee Safe Self-Storage Facility in Lexington, SC
- 2nd Annual Latin America Self Storage Expo to Take Place in Cancun, Mexico, May 3-5