|ISS Expo Blog|
A City of Surprises
- Easy transportation! At any given time, I could grab a taxi with no problem. It didn’t even matter if it was Friday night or dinner time.
- Good people traffic! The hotels, casinos and downtown stretch were all busy and engaging but not stifling.
- Great restaurants! I was surprised to find many good restaurants: sushi, steakhouses, martini bars and lounges. It’s not a city that just offers buffets.
- Casinos! Reno has all the same gambling opportunities of Vegas, but many of the tables are much more affordable to play. I’m a big fan of blackjack, so the $5 tables were great.
On the last day of the show, I traveled around Reno looking at many of the larger resorts—Atlantis, Silver Legacy, Harrah’s, Circus Circus—and found they’re all are spending millions in renovations and upgrades. I can see Reno is turning up the heat to compete with Vegas ... and it’s working!
- Self-Storage Revenue, Profit and Cash: Am I Making Any Money?
- Self-Storage Operator The Hampshire Cos. Partners with Circle Squared Alternative Investments
- Inside Self-Storage Releases Slideshow on 2014 Top-Operator Data
- The 4 Tenets of Self-Storage Roofing
- 5 Building Blocks to Quickly Increase Self-Storage Rentals