|ISS Expo Blog|
OoOoOo, Scary! The Noir Side of Reno
Are you the type that enjoys a good fright? Then don't miss the Reno Mystery History Ghost Walk when you join us for the Inside Self-Storage Reno Expo, July 19-22! You'll be guided by Janice Oberding, paranormal researcher and author of Haunted Nevada, on a leisurely two-hour walking tour through historic downtown Reno. Along the way, you'll meet some of the city's most renowned spirits, hear about the area's rich history, and even learn some ghost-detection techniques.
Here's a story you might not know: "The Misfits," filmed in Reno, was Clark Gable's and Marilyn Monroe's last movie. During the tour, you'll visit some of the film's locations and see where Marilyn tossed a wedding ring over the bridge. Here are some other things you'll do along your spooky stroll:
- Retrace the footsteps of a Reno banker who disappeared, never to be heard from again.
- Meet the ghosts of a woman who parlayed with the spirits and a man who was hanged for murder.
- Visit the spot where other tourists have seen the spectre of a woman in evening dress.
The standard tour takes place on Saturday nights, 7 p.m., for a fee of $20; but special tours can be arranged for groups of five or more. After the ISS Reno Expo fills your head with info and your Palm Pilot with key new contacts, let Oberding put some fright in your night!
- Woman Who Kept Father's Body in Lexington, KY, Self-Storage Unit Gets 10 years for Stealing Benefits
- Safeguard Self Storage Enters $6.7M Deal to Add Solar Panels to 25 Facilities
- Woman Arrested After 6 Dead Infants Found in U-Haul Self-Storage Unit in Winnipeg, Canada
- UK Self-Storage Operator Store First Plans to Open 75 Sites by 2020
- Urban Storage in Omaha, NE, Renovates, Re-Opens as The Storage Loft