|ISS Expo Blog|
Destination: Virginia City
Just a one-half hour drive from Reno, Virginia City is one of America's oldest and largest historic landmarks. Nestled in the foothills of Mount Davidson, it is one of the most famous boomtowns of the Old West—it practically appeared overnight due to the Comstock Lode silver strike of 1859.
Here's another interesting tidbit (as you know, I'm always intrigued by useless information): Virginia City is the nearest town to the world-renowned Cartwright Ranch, home to your buddy and mine, Eric "Hoss" Cartwright. (Umm ... remember Bonanza?)
Not only does Virginia City provide several possible responses to some Jeopardy category or other (in the form of a question, of course), it offers several historical sites and activities of interest. How about a leisurely stroll through an authentic mining town and immersing yourself in the "life of a miner"?
Or watching a re-enactment of an Old West gun fight?
An era-revisited ride on the Silver Line Express, V&T train?
Better yet, take Teri's advice and git hitched while in Nevada! How about on the Wedding Train? Yep. You can get married on the V&T and have your reception in the private "Gentleman's Club Car." I'm not quite sure if period costume is required, but bring your burro and bonnet, just in case.
Virginia City is for families with a passion for history, imagination and truly unforgettable fun! See the past presented and preserved during your week at the Inside Self-Storage Reno Expo, July 19-22, with a side trip to Virginia City!
See ya there, pardner!
- A Self-Storage Operator's Guide to Hiring Outside Service Contractors
- Private Investor Buys All Star Self Storage in Celina, TX, for $4.2M
- UK Self-Storage Operator Safestore Reports Fiscal 2014 Financial Results
- Why in the World Would You Hire a Self-Storage Broker? Pros and Cons of Using a Real Estate Professional
- Sovran Self Storage Announces Executive Leadership Changes, Board Appointments