|ISS Expo Blog|
'I can try, but my kilt may fly up!'
Many of us have dreamed of visiting lands afar. Me? I've always envisioned traveling to
Well, it doesn't appear my dreams are going to come to fruition any time soon. However, I've just discovered the 16th Annual Reno Celtic Celebration will be taking place while we're in Reno, Nev., for the Inside Self-Storage Expo, July 19-22! Imagine my excitement at learning I'll have the opportunity to witness men with heroic strength and athletic ability as well as pipers and dancers in kilts! I'll get to take part in an ancient, historic festival, soaking up the ambiance, while watching events like:
Putting the stones (a lot like shot-put, but the ball is bigger and actually made from stone).
Hurling haggis (I'm hoping this isn't really what I think it is).
Tossing the caber (a contest in which the athletes—wearing kilts—compete by chucking a huge tree trunk that's about 20 feet long and weighs around 150 pounds).
Rest assured there'll be singing, dancing, souvenirs and food—something for everyone. It's the perfect activity to keep the family busy and entertained. How can you go wrong? Maybe I'll see you there, tossing a haggis or two!
- Body Talk: What Are You ‘Saying’ to Your Self-Storage Customers?
- Preparing to Buy a Self-Storage Facility: Making the Right Investment Strategy
- U-Haul Loses Appeal in Decade-Old Lawsuit With Self-Storage Owner
- Self-Storage Directory SpareFoot Launches SparePups PSA to Promote Pet Adoption
- New A Storage Place Self-Storage Facility Planned for Newberg, OR