Storage for Santa
Papers all over the country this week have been running an Associated Press story about self-storage serving as salvation during a time of year when kids (and spouses) tend to snoop for holiday gifts. Some storage facilities, like Abbott Self-Storage in Nashville, Tenn., even run specials for times like these: "Santa's Closets - $1 a day 'Til Christmas." The storage facility at the end of my street flaunts a sign that says, "Hide your X-mas gifts here!"
What a fantastic way to bond with your community, spread a little cheer, and pack a little extra profit to boot! Keep this in mind for next year when you brainstorm holiday promotions. You can use the gift-hiding angle to attract a previously untapped market, or as an added perk for loyal tenants. Pair it with a "photograph with Santa" and hot-chocolate social for an event that will send your facility visibility up the chimney!
I thought it was particularly appropriate to mention this today, as it is Winter Solstice. To most, this means only that we're about to experience the longest night of the year. But to some, this day represents an ancient tradition of celebrating the return of light to the world. Can you believe that tomorrow is our first official step toward Spring?
- West Coast Self-Storage Group Opens New Facility in Auburn, WA
- 80-Year-Old Self-Storage Manager Turns Over the Reins to 64-Year-Old Successor
- Bluebird Self Storage Opens New Facilities in New Hampshire
- Self-Storage Developer The Carroll Cos. to Build New Bee Safe Self-Storage Facility in Lexington, SC
- 2nd Annual Latin America Self Storage Expo to Take Place in Cancun, Mexico, May 3-5