It’s where deals are made, new partnerships are forged, and everyone has an incredible time. I’m not just talking about Las Vegas, the site of the 2014 Inside Self-Storage World Expo. I'm talking about this year's exhibit hall! On March 31 and April 1, at the Paris Hotel & Resort, attendees will have access to more than 120 exhibits covering every angle of the self-storage industry.
“It’s the ultimate ‘try before you buy’ experience,” says Troy Bix, vice president of ISS. “The two days in the expo hall enable attendees to meet with a number of companies and find out what’s new in the business.”
Here’s a sneak peek at the products and programs you'll find featured on this year's show floor, plus some of the cool items you can score for your goodie bag.
Unveiling New Stuff
Industry vendors often reveal new offerings at the ISS expo, and this year is no exception. Here's a sampling:
- First-time exhibitor BOS Container USA, will have its portable-storage products on hand, including a new double-door model. The company’s Quick Build container is made of galvanized steel, travels flat and can be assembled without tools in minutes, according to CEO Kari Honkaniemi. The containers on display will be equipped with shelves, access ramps, cable and hose rack, and a tool rack.
- Janus International Group will also have a portable-storage product on hand. The company’s Movable Additional Storage Structures enable operators to replicate their current storage units with relocatable structures that can be moved by a forklift. Janus will also feature the company’s doors and hallway systems, plus its ADA-compliance kits.
- Syrasoft Self Storage Software will debut its new Android app, Syrasoft Mobile Manager, which lets customers view important unit and tenant information on their smartphones.
- StorTrack will launch a new cloud-based service that provides local market-pricing conditions, analytics and trends to allow facility managers to make better pricing decisions. The app will be available to Android and Apple iOS mobile device users on March 31.
- Marketing firm Michaels Wilder will offer live examples of “Swipe Advertising,” a new mobile technology that eliminates the one area of concern with mobile advertising—the mistake or accidental click. “The advertiser receives a true return on investment while creating a positive brand experience,” says Erik Rothchild, the company’s new business-development consultant.
- Linkmedia 360 will share the company’s new digital-marketing and analytics solution, designed to help operators gain search visibility and better compete with the real estate investment trusts. Attendees who stop by the booth can also get a website assessment and uncover opportunities to improve online visibility.
- Storage.com will speak with attendees about its pay-per-rental marketing program, which has a one-time rental fee of $99. “We are excited to announce new programs that will help facility operators see an immediate return on investment on their marketing dollars,” says Nick Bilava, director of sales and marketing.
A trip to the expo hall wouldn't be complete without some great swag. This year's attendees can pick up a variety of items, from pens and sample products to bags and key chains. Several vendors are also sponsoring giveaways and contests or will have special guests in their booths. For example:
- Online marketplace SpareFoot has several tricks up its sleeve. An illusionist will provide entertainment at the booth, as will company mascot the SpareFoot Foot, who will pose for pictures with attendees. Representatives will distribute the company’s new "Storage Odyssey" wall calendar, measuring-tape key chains and bottle openers.
- Visitors to the MiniCo Insurance Agency booth can enter a drawing for a Kindle Fire HD by completing a brief entry form or dropping off a business card.
- Syrasoft will offer giant pens and free demo CDs.
- Finance company The BSC Group will give away a limited number of LED flashlights “to shed light on all of the latest capital-markets trends and new loan programs for self-storage owners,” joked principal Shawn Hill.
Whether you’re looking for new vendor partners or just want to meet up with existing ones, the ISS Expo Hall is place to be. Forget “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” You’ll want to remember this trip! Get show details and register at www.insideselfstorageworldexpo.com.