After great anticipation, Inside Self-Storage is extremely pleased to announce its partnership with Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest privately held commercial real estate services firms, in the delivery of detailed industry performance reports for self-storage professionals. C&W's Valuation & Advisory Division, which includes its Self Storage Industry Group, produces the reports, which serve as extremely useful data and analysis tools for self-storage operators and real estate investment trusts as well as bankers, lenders, Wall Street advisory companies, brokers and other experts.
Last year C&W teamed up with Charles Ray Wilson, the founder and principal of Self Storage Data Services (SSDS) and a recognized expert in the field of self-storage operating-performance data. Wilson's unique expertise and resources allow C&W to integrate its sophisticated reporting abilities with the most robust database in the self-storage industry. The resulting products provide optimal industry intelligence drawing on 20 years of historical and current figures.
Recognizing the need for independent third-party reporting, Wilson founded SSDS in 1992. The independent research firm is the nation's only comprehensive source for self-storage performance benchmarking and trend reporting. Its data, collected confidentially from thousands of private and publicly owned facilities in the nation's 50 largest markets, includes statistics on supply and demand, rental rates, occupancy levels, concessions and rental income.
ISS is thrilled to provide access to the C&W self-storage performance reports through its new online store, found at www.insideselfstoragestore.com. Read details about these exciting new offerings below. You won't find these products anywhere else in the industry!
Self-Storage Performance Quarterly Report
Contains: National and geographic trends for industry supply, demand, rents, occupancy, concessions, new construction and move-in/move-outs based on data collected from thousands of U.S. self-storage facilities. The comprehensive report includes:
- Executive summary (performance at-a-glance)
- Supply and demand (supply, construction pipeline, new construction starts, location of new construction, demand, geographical demand trends)
- National operating performance (benchmarks, concession trends, price elasticity)
- Operating performance by region (East, Midwest, South, West)
- Operating performance by MSA (most improved, watch list markets, median asking rental rates, median physical occupancy, median rent per available square foot, implied economic occupancy)
- Real estate investment trust performance data
- Investment markets (investment parameters, transactional database)
- Appendices (methodology, glossary, chart of accounts, company profile)
Best for: Real estate investment trusts, large self-storage operators and industry analysts including security analysts, lenders with a large concentration in the self-storage sector, and others who monitor industry-performance metrics.