Modesto is the county seat of Stanislaus County, Calif. Roughly 110 miles from Yosemite National Park, 80 miles from the state capitol of Sacramento, and about 90 miles from both San Jose and San Francisco, Modesto is less than two hours from many prime locations in California. This proximity to major business centers has turned the agriculturally based city into a bedroom community. More than 20 percent of the workforce travels outside the county to their jobs. Modesto is located in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of the nation, the San Joaquin Valley. Dairy products, almonds, apricots, melons, tomatoes, wine grapes, peaches, walnuts and poultry products are some of its top commodities.
ISS Flash Report: Modesto, Calif.
- What Self-Storage Managers Need to Know About the 3 Kinds of Facility-Occupancy Rates
- Self-Storage Operators Experience Unit Shortage Due to Moving Boom in Bend, OR
- NREI Report: Consumer Demand, Slow Construction Fuel Increases in Self-Storage Rental Rates
- Self-Storage Real Estate in the Southeast: Experts Discuss Operating Performance and the Affect of Capital Gains Taxes
- Storage Investment Management Holds Manager Conference, Releases Facility Operating Performance
- Zoning Change Could Allow Self-Storage Near Sergeant Floyd Monument in Sioux City, IA
- Inside Self-Storage Releases Podcast on New Overtime Regulations
- Self-Storage Firm Absolute Storage Management Expands Senior Leadership
- Sounds of Storage Podcast: Jeffrey Greenberger Explains the Affect of New Overtime Regulations on the Self-Storage Industry
- Manager Arrested for Allegedly Stealing $100K+ at Riverside Self Storage in Nashua, NH