Modesto is the county seat of Stanislaus County, Calif. Roughly 110 miles from Yosemite National Park, 80 miles from the state capitol of Sacramento, and about 90 miles from both San Jose and San Francisco, Modesto is less than two hours from many prime locations in California. This proximity to major business centers has turned the agriculturally based city into a bedroom community. More than 20 percent of the workforce travels outside the county to their jobs. Modesto is located in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of the nation, the San Joaquin Valley. Dairy products, almonds, apricots, melons, tomatoes, wine grapes, peaches, walnuts and poultry products are some of its top commodities.
ISS Flash Report: Modesto, Calif.
- Series of Instructional Self-Storage Guidebooks Now Available Through ISS Store
- The New ISS Expo Education Program: Insider Tips and Picks for the Upcoming Self-Storage Show in Las Vegas
- 4Q 2012 Self-Storage Performance Report by Cushman & Wakefield Cites Improvement
- SpareFoot Releases Quarterly Report on Self-Storage Rental and Consumer Trends
- Slideshow Reveals 10 Things Self-Storage Operators Need to Learn at ISS Expo