Modesto is the county seat of Stanislaus County, Calif. Roughly 110 miles from Yosemite National Park, 80 miles from the state capitol of Sacramento, and about 90 miles from both San Jose and San Francisco, Modesto is less than two hours from many prime locations in California. This proximity to major business centers has turned the agriculturally based city into a bedroom community. More than 20 percent of the workforce travels outside the county to their jobs. Modesto is located in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of the nation, the San Joaquin Valley. Dairy products, almonds, apricots, melons, tomatoes, wine grapes, peaches, walnuts and poultry products are some of its top commodities.
ISS Flash Report: Modesto, Calif.
- NREI Report: Consumer Demand, Slow Construction Fuel Increases in Self-Storage Rental Rates
- Sexy Sells, Even for Self-Storage: A New Designation as ‘Community Asset’ Bumps Up Industry Appeal
- RovingBox.com, StowThat.com Could Compete With Self-Storage Facilities for Customers
- Self-Storage Project Feasibility: Why Doing Your 'Homework' Is More Critical Than Ever
- Self-Storage and the City: Gotham Mini Storage Conversion Project Takes Manhattan by Storm
- There Is No Good Way to 'Manage' People: Staffing Advice for Self-Storage Owners
- Bloomberg Report Chronicles Ascension of U-Haul Self-Storage Billionaire Mark Shoen
- 2 New York Self-Storage Facilities Used by Alleged Trademark Counterfeiting Rings
- Self-Storage Operators Around the World Support Holiday Charity Drives
- ISS News Desk: Self-Storage Valet-Service Startups Create Market Competition