This issue of Inside Self-Storage focuses on construction and development—a sizzling industry topic. Easily half the inquiries we receive are about choosing a storage site, buying land or facilities, and constructing new buildings. The process is chock-a-block with potential pitfalls and tough decisions. Fortunately, ISS offers a wealth of resources for anyone embroiled in the research phase of a project.
First, you have this magazine. Every September issue is packed with articles by top industry experts. You can consult past issues by visiting www.insideselfstorage.comand searching the archive. For your convenience, we’ve pre-arranged articles by topic: Scroll down the left side of the ISS home page and select the “Construction” and “Development” categories.
If you’re looking for pack-and-go resources to keep in your office or take on trips, look to our Self-Storage Training Institute (www.selfstorageeducation.com) for several options:
Finally, there’s the Developers’ Seminar, which takes place twice a year in tandem with the ISS Expo. Industry expert RK Kliebenstein and others share their knowledge of site selection, feasibility, construction and site management. They’ll give you the know-how to get started. The next seminar runs with the ISS Vegas Expo, the industry’s largest trade event of the year, Feb. 20-23, 2007.
With all these fantastic resources at your fingertips, you’re sure to make sound decisions and avoid bad investments.
- The New ISS Expo Education Program: Insider Tips and Picks for the Upcoming Self-Storage Show in Las Vegas
- Feeling the Love in Self-Storage
- Advice for Choosing Self-Storage Facility-Management Software in 2013
- Proactive Steps Self-Storage Owners Can Take to Prepare Their Facility for Sale
- Creating a Successful Construction Budget for Self-Storage: Tips for First-Timers
- Atascocita Self Storage in Humble, Texas, Sold to Move It Management
- In Memoriam: Florida Self Storage Association Executive Director Robert Bret
- SmartStop Self Storage to Sponsor Mount Everest Expedition by Climber Greg Paul
- OpenTech Launches Pay-By-Phone, Online-Chat Services for Self-Storage Customers
- Self-Storage REIT Public Storage Opens 12-Story Facility in Bronx, NY