This issue of Inside Self-Storage focuses on construction and development—a sizzling industry topic. Easily half the inquiries we receive are about choosing a storage site, buying land or facilities, and constructing new buildings. The process is chock-a-block with potential pitfalls and tough decisions. Fortunately, ISS offers a wealth of resources for anyone embroiled in the research phase of a project.
First, you have this magazine. Every September issue is packed with articles by top industry experts. You can consult past issues by visiting www.insideselfstorage.comand searching the archive. For your convenience, we’ve pre-arranged articles by topic: Scroll down the left side of the ISS home page and select the “Construction” and “Development” categories.
If you’re looking for pack-and-go resources to keep in your office or take on trips, look to our Self-Storage Training Institute (www.selfstorageeducation.com) for several options:
Finally, there’s the Developers’ Seminar, which takes place twice a year in tandem with the ISS Expo. Industry expert RK Kliebenstein and others share their knowledge of site selection, feasibility, construction and site management. They’ll give you the know-how to get started. The next seminar runs with the ISS Vegas Expo, the industry’s largest trade event of the year, Feb. 20-23, 2007.
With all these fantastic resources at your fingertips, you’re sure to make sound decisions and avoid bad investments.
- Storage West Self Storage Director to Speak on SEO During Search Marketing Expo
- Neel Kashkari to Speak at 10th Annual Self Storage Owners Summit
- Internet Marketer The Storage Group Launches ‘Self Storage Magnet’ Industry Blog
- Public Storage CEO to Speak at REITWorld 2013 Conference
- The Minimum-Wage Increase: How Will Your Self-Storage Business Be Affected?
- Commercial From Wales Self-Storage Operator Storage Giant Offers Nod to Silent Films
- Banner Storage Group Eyes Former Movie Theater in Chicago for Self-Storage Conversion Project
- Inside Self-Storage Collects Data for 2015 Top-Operators List
- OpenTech Alliance Whitepaper Examines Self-Storage Technology Use in 2014
- Real Estate Developer Revives Mixed-Use, Self-Storage Project in Sacramento, CA