This issue of Inside Self-Storage focuses on construction and development—a sizzling industry topic. Easily half the inquiries we receive are about choosing a storage site, buying land or facilities, and constructing new buildings. The process is chock-a-block with potential pitfalls and tough decisions. Fortunately, ISS offers a wealth of resources for anyone embroiled in the research phase of a project.
First, you have this magazine. Every September issue is packed with articles by top industry experts. You can consult past issues by visiting www.insideselfstorage.comand searching the archive. For your convenience, we’ve pre-arranged articles by topic: Scroll down the left side of the ISS home page and select the “Construction” and “Development” categories.
If you’re looking for pack-and-go resources to keep in your office or take on trips, look to our Self-Storage Training Institute (www.selfstorageeducation.com) for several options:
Finally, there’s the Developers’ Seminar, which takes place twice a year in tandem with the ISS Expo. Industry expert RK Kliebenstein and others share their knowledge of site selection, feasibility, construction and site management. They’ll give you the know-how to get started. The next seminar runs with the ISS Vegas Expo, the industry’s largest trade event of the year, Feb. 20-23, 2007.
With all these fantastic resources at your fingertips, you’re sure to make sound decisions and avoid bad investments.
- Live From the 2016 ISS Expo: Ashley Dawn Talks About Her Role as a Self-Storage Manager
- Live From the 2016 ISS Expo: Rick Beal Discusses Self-Storage Facility Operation and Technology
- Storage West Self Storage Director to Speak on SEO During Search Marketing Expo
- How Call-Center Technology Can Enhance Your Self-Storage Operation
- A Social Media Startup Guide for Self-Storage Operators: 3 Simple Steps to Lasting Success
- Choosing Between Self-Storage Tenant Insurance and Protection Plans: Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Valet Self-Storage Operator SquirrelBox Launches in Denver; Wins Video Contest
- Real Estate Firm 10 Federal Launches Acquisition Fund to Expand Self-Storage Facility Automation
- Fort Knox Self Storage Sends Disabled Youths to Charity Gala Ball in Melbourne, Australia
- Riverside Storage Partners Proposes 2 Self-Storage Facilities for Mt. Pleasant, SC