By now you know we’re heading to Reno-Tahoe for the next Inside Self-Storage Expo on July 19-22. What you may not realize, however, is this isn’t a new offering. It isn’t a “summer expo added to the already stellar lineup of ISS trade events.” No. It’s our fall show turned summer.
This change in venue/time frame has been confusing for our attendees, who have been accustomed to seeing our second expo of the year fall on an autumn month (OK, bad pun). After two years of battling hurricanes in Miami, Fla.; scheduling conflicts with other industry events; and a reluctance to venture into holiday territory, we decided a change was in order. So now it’s summer family fun in Reno-Tahoe!
While Reno may not seem like the most alluring tradeshow locale, we believe we’ve found a little gem. There are serious recreational and cultural opportunities here. On the one hand, the lake provides all your outdoor and water activities: golf, swimming, boating, fishing, kayaking, jet skiing and so on. If you’re more of an indoor lounge lover, our host hotel, the Reno Hilton Resort, boasts the largest casino in Northern Nevada. You can also hit the spa at the Siena Hotel; shop at the new Summit Sierra, an open-air center with more than 70 shops; check out the Artown Summer Arts Festival; groove to tunes during the Reno Summer Music Festival ... and that’s just the tip of the whitewater cap!
For more great info on attractions and happenings, check out the website at Visitrenotahoe.com. I think you’ll be amazed at what goes on in “America’s Adventure Place.” We’ll also be providing daily highlights on our new ISS Expo Blog, written by yours truly in cooperation with the top members of our tradeshow team. We’ll share insights to the show and keep you updated on all our event happenings at www.insideselfstorage.com/expo.
By the way, it’s not too late to register for the show. You can do so online at the web address above or contact our attendance coordinator, Jerry Murphy, at 480.990.1101, ext. 1161. See you in Reno-Tahoe!
- Considerations and Costs for Adding Boat RV/Storage to a Self-Storage Property
- The Intricate Art of Self-Storage Revenue Management: Competition, Pricing and Staff Participation
- A Little Summertime Reading for Self-Storage Operators
- The Legalities of Renting Portable-Storage Containers
- No Tricks, Just Educational Treats in the Inside Self-Storage Store
- Canadian Real Estate Firm Buys Stock-N-Lock Self Storage Facility in Wyoming, MI
- Uncle Bob’s Self-Storage Expands North Fort Myers, FL, Facility
- Self-Storage Around the World: Reflections of Non-U.S. Facilities on Six Continents
- Self-Storage Associations and Operators Combat Sales-Tax Hike in River Grove, IL
- Amsdell Cos./Compass Self Storage Plans 3-Building Conversion Project in Downtown Cleveland