Registration for the Florida Self Storage Association’s Executive Retreat, Oct. 8, is now open. The event will take place at the Disney Yacht Club Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Speakers and topics include:
- Will Weatherford of Florida House of Representatives will talk about the legislative agenda for the state.
- Chris Oakley, vice president and regional executive of Federal Reserve Bank Atlanta, will provide an outlook for the regional and national economy.
- Dean Jernigan, CEO of U-Store-It Trust, will talk about what his company is doing to increase net operating income and the value to its shareholders.
- George Miliotes, master sommelier for The Capital Grille, will explain how Darden Restaurants has approached the recession across its brands, including pricing and wine strategies.
- Scott Enos, promotions director of global alliance marketing for Disney Destinations, will share how the Disney theme parks adjust to difficult economic challenges.
The FSSA is a non-profit organization comprised of individuals who have an interest in the self-storage industry in Florida. Members include facility owners, operators, developers, investors, managers and suppliers.
Florida Self Storage Association Hires New Executive Director
Florida Self-Storage Operators Thwarted in Effort to Improve Lien Law
Florida Self Storage Association Hosts Legal Seminar, May 5
Florida Self Storage Association Introduces New Board Members