MiniCo Publishing has announced the winners of its 2008 “Self-Storage Facility of the Year” awards, which are honored in six categories: overall, construction, conversion, new facility, specialty storage and international. The awards are sponsored by the self-storage trade magazine Mini-Storage Messenger (MSM). This year’s winners and honorable mentions are:
- Winner: Security Self Storage of Westlake, Ohio, owned by Norman J., Constance M. and Norman A. Kotoch
- Honorable Mention: Clima Storage of Ingram, Texas, owned by Kelly and Ueli Schlunegger
- Winner: Aloha Island Self Storage of Honolulu, Hawaii, owned by Aloha/King LLC
- Honorable Mention: Presidential Self Storage of Las Vegas, owned by Joan Papadakis
- Winner: Magellan Storage of City of Commerce, Calif., owned by The Magellan Group Inc.
- Honorable Mention: A+ Storage of Nashville, Tenn., owned by Tim Stone and Tommy Pierce
- Winner: Plantation Storage of Myrtle Beach, S.C., owned by Chase Storage II LLC/Charles C. Chase II
- Honorable Mention: Hoover Self Storage of Hoover, Ala., owned by William D. and Jack Daniel Nix
- Winner: StorSafe Self Storage of Apollo Beach, Fla., owned by StorSafe Apollo Beach LLC
- Honorable Mention: Bermuda Dunes Self-Storage and RV of Bermuda Dunes, Calif., owned by Robert Lee and Webb Wallace Sing
- Winner: Public Storage (Entrepot Public) of Laval, Quebec, owned by Public Storage Canadian Properties
- Honorable Mention: Just Right Self Storage of Ottawa, Ontario, owned by MetCalfe Realty Co. Ltd.
Full-length articles profiling the winning facilities are featured in the December 2008 issue of MSM. For details, visit www.ministoragemessenger.com.
MiniCo Publishing is a division of MiniCo Inc., which provides specialty insurance programs, publications, and other products and services for the self-storage industry.