Space Heater Causes VA Self-Storage Fire
Copyright 2014 by Virgo Publishing.
By:
Posted on: 12/28/2010



 

A fire at a self-storage facility in Portsmouth, Va., Dec. 22 was caused by a space heater left too close to stored belongings, fire officials determined.

By the time firefighters arrived at the scene, the storage facility’s sprinkler system had extinguished most of the fire. Some items stored located higher than the sprinkler heads continued to burn before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.